Last modified: Nov 24, 2019
This Policy describes how Yup and its affiliates treat information provided or collected on the sites and applications where this Policy is posted.
This Policy applies to the usage of Yup’s Services by all users anywhere in the world, including our websites, platforms, features, applications, or other services, including any of our Services offered on third-party sites, platforms or applications.
This Policy is intended to meet legal requirements in the territories where we operate. As such, we shall engage in the practices described in this Policy in a particular territory only to such extent as permitted by the applicable laws of such territory. Please contact us at [ [email protected] ] if you have any questions regarding our practices in a particular territory.
From time to time, we may provide additional privacy policies or notices with respect to particular territories, practices, websites, features, applications or Services. Unless otherwise stated, these additional terms are to be read in conjunction with this Policy.
Please note this Policy does not apply to, and we are not responsible for, the privacy or information practices of any third party, including any third party that uses or advertises our Services, or any third-party site, platform, application or service, even if they may include our Services or are linked from our Services.
Where our Services are offered on third-party sites, platforms or applications, please note that when you provide information to us on such third-party site, platform or application (such information covered by this Policy), information provided by or collected from you may be separately collected by such third-party site, platform or application (such information subject to the third-party site, platform or application’s privacy practices). Please note further that the privacy choices you have made on third-party sites, platforms or applications will not apply to our use of the information we have collected directly through our Services, and will not affect the applicability of this Policy.
2. Collection of InformationWe collect, retain, use and process information that you provide, information created during your use of our Services, and information from other sources.
We collect, retain, use and process information for a variety of purposes, including:
- Providing our Services, products, features, and functionalities
- Processing applications, registrations, transactions and payments
- Communicating with you for non-marketing purposes, including sending invoices and receipts, customer support, responding to any user queries, and informing users of updates to our Terms, Services or policies, or notifying users of any security, privacy or administrative issues that may be relevant to the user
- Communicating with you for marketing purposes, including providing marketing materials about products, Services, features, functionalities and offers that may be of interest to you, including new content or Services, through email, phone, newsletters, mailings or phone calls
- Enabling communications between users
- Measuring performance of our Services and marketing activities
- Conducting research and analysis to enable us to optimally deliver our existing products and Services or develop new products and Services, including measuring visitors’ interest in and use of various portions or features of our Services
- Maintaining and improving our Services, products, features, and functionalities
- Developing new Services, products, features, and functionalities
- Providing users the capability share content through various tools and functionalities provided by Yup
- For the legitimate interests of Yup or other parties, such as ensuring the safety, security and integrity of our Services and our users, preventing fraud, preventing other potentially prohibited or illegal activities, direct marketing, research, enforcing legal agreements (including our Terms of Service)
- Investigation or addressing claims or disputes relating to use of Yup’s Services, or to establish legal cases or defences, or to respond to requests by regulators, government entities or official enquiries
- Fulfilling our obligations under the applicable laws of the territories where we operate
Examples of information collected include but are not limited to:
- Registration information that a user provides when they create or update a Yup account, which may include a user’s name, email, phone number, login name and password, address, profile picture, payment or banking information, payment or banking verification information, government identification documents for themselves and (where applicable) the company or organisation they represent, including company business profiles, authorisation letters;
- Demographic information about users, including through user surveys conducted on Yup or through third parties such as social media platforms;
- Content created, uploaded, sent or received from others by a user while using any Yup service, including messages, survey responses, images, videos, documents, comments and reviews, customer support communications, and user-submitted feedback;
- Content and information provided by users on any publicly accessible blogs, forums, comment or messaging Services provided by Yup
- Content and information provided by other users in respect of a user, such as reviews, comments, or feedback
- Transaction information related to the use of Yup Services, including the type of Services requested or provided, transacting parties, details of campaigns and offers created, sent and received, and payment details;
- Usage information, such as access dates and times, features or pages viewed, type of browser, type of device, IP address, device identifiers, operating systems and versions, and third-party sites or services used before interacting with Yup’s Services. Such information may be collected through cookies and similar tracking technologies that create and maintain unique identifiers;
- Information sent by users who choose to request information about our Services or to receive customer or technical support, register for Yup’s newsletters that we may offer from time to time, participate in surveys conducted by Yup, or otherwise communicate with Yup;
- Information from other sources including information from third-party services and organisations such as social media platforms or app stores, users who request Services for or on behalf of other users, users who enable other users to request or receive Services through their accounts, users participating in referral programmes (where we receive the referred person’s personal information from such user), vendors who help us verify users’ identity, background information, and eligibility to work, for safety, security and legal purposes, marketing service providers, publicly available sources, and information collected from online and offline events sponsored or organised by Yup; and
For instance, when you request or purchase services from us, register with us, participate in our surveys, provide comments and reviews, or engage in other activities on the sites and applications where this Policy is posted, you provide information to us which we collect.
Examples of technologies used in our information collection include but are not limited to:
- Cookies. Cookies are small text files placed in visitors' computer browsers to store their preferences. Most browsers allow you to block and delete cookies. However, if you do that, the Services may not work properly.
- Pixel Tags/Web Beacons. A pixel tag (also known as a web beacon) is a piece of code embedded on the Services that collects information about users' engagement on that web page. The use of a pixel allows us to record, for example, that a user has visited a particular web page or clicked on a particular advertisement.
- Google Analytics. We may also use Google Analytics and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting to collect information regarding visitor behavior and visitor demographics on some of our Services, and to develop website content. This analytics data is not tied to any information (“Personal Information”) relating to an identified or identifiable natural person . For more information about Google Analytics, please visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. You can opt out of Google's collection and Processing of data generated by your use of the Services by going to http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Advertising or Targeting Related: We may use first-party or third-party cookies and web beacons to deliver content, including ads relevant to your interests, on our Services or on Third Party sites. This includes using technologies to understand the usefulness to you of the advertisements and content that has been delivered to you, such as whether you have clicked on an advertisement.
Separately, Yup may use information collected from users to create non-personally identifiable anonymised and aggregated information, such as anonymised demographic information, anonymised location information, trends, or other analyses we create. Such information is created and used for a variety of functions, including the measurement of visitors' interest in and use of various portions or features of Yup’s Services, in line with Yup’s information collection purposes as set out above. Not being the Personal Information of any user and designed prevent anybody from identifying any individual user, Yup may use such information in a number of legally permissible ways, including sharing such information within Yup, with third parties and with the public.
Third Party Websites and Social Media Platforms
Yup’s sites, platforms or applications, including any emails or advertisements, may contain links to other websites and other websites may reference or link to our Services. These other domains and websites are not controlled by us, and Yup does not endorse or make any representations about third party websites or social media platforms. We encourage users to read the privacy policies of each and every website and application with which they interact. We do not endorse, screen or approve, and are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such other websites or applications. Visiting these other websites or applications is at your own risk.
Yup’s sites, platforms or applications may also contain links to and interactive features of various social media platforms (e.g., widgets). If you already use these platforms, their cookies may be set on your device when using our Services. You should be aware that Personal Information which you voluntarily include and transmit online through such social media platforms may be accessible by the providers of such social media platforms and, if posted publicly, may be viewed and used by others without any restrictions. We are unable to control such uses of your information when interacting with a social media platform, and by using such services you assume the risk that the Personal Information provided by you may be viewed and used by third parties for any number of purposes.
3. Sharing of informationYup may share the information we collect, including selected Personal Information and non-personally identifiable information:
- With other users, including sharing a user’s name, organisation, rating, photo, contact information, transaction history, portfolio, feedback, information that users make available to other users (such as posts, uploaded photos, videos, or documents) by using Yup’s community or marketplace features;
- At the user’s request, including if a user requests to offer another user a proposal, or wishes to inform another user of their availability to consider offers, or if a user requests a service through a partnership or promotional offering made by a third party or wishes to accept an offer made by a third party through Yup;
- With the general public, including sharing non-personally identifiable anonymised and aggregated information such as service usage or marketplace trends, questions or comments from users submitted through any publicly accessible blogs, forums, comment or messaging Services provided by Yup;
- With Yup subsidiaries, affiliates, service providers and business providers, to help Yup provide, maintain, improve and develop new Services, products, features, and functionalities, including:
- Yup subsidiaries and affiliates;
- Vendors and service providers such as IT and related service providers, customer service, payment processors and facilitators, cloud storage providers, social media advertising service providers, marketing platform providers, data analytics providers, insurance and financing providers, and other vendors or service providers that may be necessary for the provision of the Services. For instance, when you make payments through our Services, we process your payments through a third party payment processor. The payment processor may collect certain financial information from you to process the payment, including your name, email, address, credit card details, and other billing information;
- Partners such as payments partners, marketing partners, research partners, developers, publishers, advertisers, marketers, rights holders, brands or agencies. In some cases, Yup may allow third party advertising partners to set tracking tools (e.g., cookies) through our Services to collect information regarding your activities (e.g., your IP address, page(s) visited, time of day). These advertising partners may use this information (and similar information collected from other websites) for purposes of delivering targeted advertisements to you when you visit non-Yup related websites within their networks. This practice is commonly referred to as "interest-based advertising" or "online behavioral advertising. We may allow partners access to other information we collect to facilitate transmittal of information that may be useful, relevant, valuable or otherwise of interest to you. If you prefer that we do not share your Personal Information with Third-Party advertising partners, you may opt-out of such sharing at no cost by following the instructions in Section 4 below; and
- Consultants, lawyers, accountants, and other professional service providers
To comply with legal obligations, in the event of a claim or dispute relating to the use of our Services, to enforce our Terms of Services, user agreements, or other policies, or to protect or defend our rights and property:
We may disclose any user’s information and content to government authorities, law enforcement officials or other third parties as necessary, if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to:
- comply with any applicable law, regulation, or agreement;
- comply with any law enforcement, governmental or national security request or legal process, such as a court order or subpoena;
- protect your, our or others’ rights, property, or safety;
- to enforce Yup policies or contracts, including our Terms of Services, including to collect amounts owed to Yup;
- when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation or prosecution of suspected or actual illegal activity, or for other safety or similar concerns;
- if, upon a review of our server logs, we detect unauthorised activity on our Services; or
- if we, in good faith, believe that disclosure is otherwise necessary or advisable;
- With the user’s consent: We may share a user’s Personal Information other than as described in this Policy if we notify the user and they consent to the sharing; and
4. Your privacy controls and choicesYou have choices regarding the information we collect and how it is used. Please note however that if you do not allow us to collect Personal Information from you, or if you wish to limit our usage of your information, we may not be able to deliver certain Services to you, or certain Services may not be able to take account of your preferences or interests.
General Opt Out
Whereas you have consented to Yup’s collection, retention, usage, or processing of your Personal Information by creating an account with Yup, you may withdraw that consent and opt out of certain uses and disclosures of your Personal Information by deleting your account and contacting [email protected] to opt out of further processing of your Personal Information. Please note however that even if you opt out by these means, we may still collect, retain, use or process non-personally identifiable information, including anonymous information and aggregated information, regarding your activities on our Services. Communications
Yup may occasionally send you push notifications through our mobile applications with notices that may be of interest to you. You may at any time opt-out from receiving these types of communications by changing the settings on your mobile device. Yup may also collect location-based information if you use our mobile applications. You may opt-out of this collection by changing the settings on your mobile device.
Do Not Track
Do Not Track (" DNT ") is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. DNT is a way for users to inform websites and services that they do not want certain information about their webpage visits collected over time and across websites or online services. Please note that we do not respond to or honor DNT signals or similar mechanisms transmitted by web browsers.
Cookies and Interest-Based Advertising
As noted above, you may stop or restrict the placement of cookies on your computer or remove them from your browser by adjusting your web browser preferences. Please note that cookie-based opt-outs are not effective on mobile applications. However, on many mobile devices, application users may opt out of certain mobile ads via their device settings.
The online advertising industry also provides websites from which you may opt-out of receiving targeted ads from our data partners and our other advertising partners that participate in self-regulatory programs. You can access these, and also learn more about targeted advertising and consumer choice and privacy, at www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp, or http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/ and www.aboutads.info/choices/.
Rights of Access, Rectification, Erasure and Restriction
You may inquire as to whether Yup is processing your Personal Information, request access to your Personal Information, and ask that we correct, amend or delete your Personal Information where it is inaccurate. Where otherwise permitted by applicable law, you may send an email to [email protected] or use any of the methods set out in this Policy to request access to, receive (port), seek rectification, or request erasure of Personal Information held about you by Yup. Please include your full name, email address associated with your Yup account, and a detailed description of your information request. Such requests will be processed in line with applicable local laws.
Please note however that even though Yup makes good faith efforts to provide Individuals with access to their Personal Information, there may be circumstances in which Yup is unable to provide access, including but not limited to: where the information contains legal privilege, would compromise others' privacy or other legitimate rights, where the burden or expense of providing access would be disproportionate to the risks to the individual user’s privacy in the case in question, or where it is commercially proprietary. If Yup determines that access should be restricted in any particular instance, we will provide you with an explanation of why that determination has been made and a contact point for any further inquiries. To protect your privacy, Yup will take commercially reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access to or making any changes to your Personal Information.
5. Information Retention, Transfers and SecurityInformation Retention and Account Deletion
Yup retains Personal Information in respect of a user for as long as a user maintains their Yup account, or as otherwise necessary (to the extent permitted or required by law), so as to fulfill the purpose(s) for which it was collected (as set out above in this Policy).
Users may request deletion of their account at any time through Yup’s platform or by contacting [email protected] . Following such requests, Yup shall delete the Personal Information it is not required to retain for purposes of regulatory, tax, insurance, litigation or other legal requirements. While Yup retains such data, it may also use it for purposes of security, fraud prevention and detection, research and development, and the creation of non-personally identifiable anonymous information or aggregated information. Please note that
In certain circumstances, Yup may be unable to delete a user’s account for various reasons, such as if there is an outstanding credit on the account, or an unresolved claim or dispute for or against such account. Upon resolution of such issues preventing deletion, Yup will delete the account as described above.
Please note that even if a user’s account is deleted, Yup shall not be required to delete any anonymous information or aggregated information created with the use of such user’s Personal Information, and it shall be permitted to retain, use or process any such information for such purposes as described in this Policy.
By your agreement to this Policy and in providing Personal Information to Yup, you consent to any collection, storage, usage, processing and transfer in accordance with this Policy, including that all Personal Information collected by or via Yup’s sites, platforms or applications may be transferred, processed, and stored anywhere in the world, including but not limited to Singapore, Asia Pacific, the United States, the European Union, in the cloud, on our servers, on the servers of our affiliates, or the servers of our service providers, and that any dispute over privacy or the terms contained in this Policy will be governed by the laws of Singapore and the adjudication of any such disputes will be in accordance with the Terms of Service.
Your Personal Information may be accessible to law enforcement or other authorities pursuant to a lawful request. Wherever your personal information is transferred, stored or processed by us, we will take reasonable steps to safeguard the privacy of your personal information.
If you are visiting from the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use, please note that you are agreeing to the transfer of your information to Singapore and to the processing of your data globally.
Security of Information
We take steps to ensure that your Personal Information is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy. We implement and regularly review information collection, storage, and processing practices, including technical, administrative and physical security measures, to prevent unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold.
Please note however that no measure is perfect, and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of the Personal Information that you provide to us. We do not accept any liability for the unintentional disclosure of any information held by us.
6. Children’s PrivacyYup’s Services are not directed to children under 13 (and in certain jurisdictions, under 16) years of age, and Bitrep does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 13 (or under 16, where applicable) years of age. If we learn that we have collected any Personal Information from children under 13 (or under 16, where applicable), we will promptly take steps to delete such information and terminate the child's account and Personal Information with us.
7. Changes to this PolicyThis Policy may change from time to time to accommodate new services, technologies, industry practices, regulatory requirements or for other purposes. We will post any adjustments to this Policy on this webpage, and the revised version of this Policy will be effective immediately when posted (or upon notice if applicable). We encourage users to periodically review this Policy for the latest information on our privacy practices.
We will provide notice to you if these changes are material and, where required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent. Notice may be given by email to you at the most recent email address you provided us, by posting notice of such changes on our sites, platforms or applications, or by other means consistent with applicable law.
After such notice, use of our Services by users in countries will be understood as consent to the updated Policy to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law. If at any point you do not agree to any portion of the Policy then in effect, you must immediately stop using our Services.
8. Redress and AccountabilityIf you have any questions about our privacy practices, this Policy, or how to lodge a complaint with the appropriate authority, please contact Yup by email at [email protected] . We will address your concerns and attempt to resolve any privacy issues in a timely manner.